Superior Waterfront Cabins on the edge of Great Oyster Bay, East Coast, Tasmania
The cabins at Hamptons on the Bay provide couples or small groups travelling together with a perfect location from which to explore all that the East Coast has to offer. Unlike other larger developments, all of our boutique cabins are quaintly decorated and all have tremendous ocean views.
Visiting the region’s wineries and restaurants provides an enjoyable day out. Whilst nature walks, challenging treks in the Freycinet Peninsula, penguin tours and kayaking tours make for an active weekend away.
If you’re after something more relaxed, just stay in, open a fantastic bottle of wine from one of the local vineyards, grab a good book and relax to the sound of the ocean and take in the unsurpassed views of the bay. Otherwise, Kelvedon Beach and Mayfield Beach are close by for that romantic afternoon stroll.
If you and your significant other don’t want to cook whilst you’re on holiday there are several restaurants in Swansea which is a 10 minute drive.
Many of our guests have commented that they wish they had booked a longer stay. We invite you to book an extra night.
- 1 bedroom cabins with queen size beds
- 2 bedroom cabin with queen size bed and 2 king singles most suitable for a family with two young children.
- Waterfront location on the edge of Great Oyster Bay
- Sweeping views over Freemans Beach to the Hazards, Freycinet Peninsula, Maria Island and Schouten Island and Mayfield Bay
- All accommodation are stand alone and self-contained providing guests with greater privacy
- Separate bathroom with shower, toilet and vanity
- Quality towels and linen
- Bathroom amenities
- Separate kitchenette (includes dining and lounge area) provides guests with the flexibility for self-catering
- Fridge (~110L), microwave, toaster, kettle, small cooktop, Basic Kitchen utensils for simple meals preparation, cutlery, crockery provided.
- Complimentary starter pack of tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Additional items available for purchase
- BBQ area for guest use (shared)
- music players with radio
- 32 inch LCD TVs with satellite (VAST) Free-to-air TV coverage and DVD players
- Japanese and Chinese decor
- Comfy sofas
- Heating in all cabins
- 10 minutes to Swansea township
- Perfect for couples seeking a romantic weekend away and as a base for exploring Tasmania’s East Coast wineries and other attractions
Things to note
- Hamptons on the Bay is in rural Tasmania. Telecommunications and TV reception may be affected by prevailing weather conditions.
- Water on the property is collected from rain. We are required by law to recommend that it be boiled for 1 minute prior to drinking.
- Wi-Fi is only available at Reception. We recommend guests obtain a local prepaid Australian Sim card to have access to Data. The property does not have access to ADSL or long range wireless broadband. The only broadband infrastructure available to the property is mobile broadband (Telstra, Optus, etc) or NBN Satellite broadband. Currently NBN Satellite provides the property with 75 Gb of data per month (approx. 2.5 Gb per day) at a cost of $99.95 per month. Each 1 Gb beyond the limit has to be purchased at $5/1 Gb of data. Streaming YouTube video consumes about 1 Gb every 4 hours whilst streaming TV and Netflix about 1-3 Gb per hour depending on the quality. Whilst we do not limit guest access to Wi-Fi at Reception, many guests understand the limitations and use the system appropriately. However, if Wi-Fi was made available in the accommodation, the entire monthly allocation could be consumed within a matter of hours if used inappropriately. Until plans with unlimited data limits are available via NBN Satellite, it is not viable to provide guests with unlimited access to broadband in the accommodation due to the limited capacity of data that is available. We aim to provide access to Wi-Fi to enable guests to check essential emails and to plan their forward bookings. We hope you understand.
- Due to its remote location, the overall costs of offering accommodation at Hamptons on the Bay is higher than properties in Swansea town or in a major CBD. Even though the property is only a 12 minute drive from Swansea, it is unable to access town scheme water, sewerage or unlimited broad brand infrastructure. Further, as the property is classified as a commercial operation all rates and taxes are higher than residential properties. Similarly, electricity to a commercial property is charged at higher tariffs than residential. As Swansea has only a population of about 700 people, it does not have a large supermarket and all consumables at the property come at a higher cost to those in a major CBD. Similarly, staff travel much longer distances and rates of pay are increased to ensure that great staff are retained. As the property has only 8 accommodation units it does not enjoy the economy of scale that may be available at properties with a greater number of units. The trade off between privacy and scale comes at a cost. Many of our guests understand and value the privacy and seclusion that the property has to offer and understand that the price of our rooms may be a little higher.
- We appreciate all of the patronage provided by our customers and value their goodwill, reviews and word of mouth recommendations to their friends and family. Whilst we understand that social media and reviews may be informative to potential customers, we also ask that you email us directly if you have any concerns – firstname.lastname@example.org. We recognise your freedom to express your opinions and all we ask is that any review is factually accurate and fair and reasonable.